So whether you have a RADO chronograph in need of a service or you need a RADO battery replacement and waterproof tested, we are able to carryout the majority of RADO repairs onsite in our custom built workshop.
Our team of highly skilled watchmakers have been trained to the highest industry standard and have received RADO movement specific training. Our workshop has brand specific equipment for RADO watches designed for each model in the RADO family and our watchmakers continually learn about repairing the latest RADO models from Diamaster to Hyperchrome.
To uncover the problem with your watch our watchmaker needs to carryout a full diagnostic inspection of your timepiece, which can take up to an hour per watch. We have one of the busiest independent workshops in the UK and we put aside time every morning to carryout diagnostic inspections allowing our watchmakers to retain an unbroken workflow and much needed concentration. If you could allow a week for us to inspect your watch and then source the necessary cost of parts from Longines before we send you a repair quotation for your approval.
The estimating process consists of the watch being fully dismantled and thoroughly examined for wear and a diagnostic inspection of the movement, case and bracelet for problematic issues. We ask for a £25 diagnostic fee that contributes towards the diagnostic inspection of your watch, the provision of an estimate, administration costs, and the insurance of your watch whilst in our care. We also provide you with a Repair Report PDF which details exactly the issues your watch is experiencing along with photographs from inside your watch. I’m sure you understand the amount of time and expertise that goes into diagnosing the problem with your watch and the fee is simply to cover our costs and allow us to deliver a level of service excellence that your timepiece deserves.
From date of accepting your repair quote we aim to have your watch returned to you with 14 days. On occasion this can be longer as we are restricted by the time it takes Rado to deliver the necessary parts for your repair which may be on back order. We look to keep you updated every step of the way and continually chase up any outstanding part orders on a daily basis.
Servicing a RADO watch is an intricate and labour intensive process that should only be carried out my experienced watchmakers. Your RADO watch is a trusty companion that is serving you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Like anything in life, after many years of loyal service it is bound to require some much needed TLC. There isn’t an exact set amount of time for when you should have your RADO watch serviced but the general consensus is between 3-5 years. The reason for this is the lubricants inside the watch have a certain lifespan so if you continue wearing your watch without having it serviced the parts will wear much faster as the lubricating oils will have dried up and while it will not cause drastic irreparable damaged it will effect how well your RADO watch performs and can lead to an expensive repair bill in the future to replace parts.
The following steps are what is required to service your RADO watch;
1. Watch is booked in to our workshop and is given a cosmetic inspection by our admin team, photographed and details noted.
2. Your watch is assigned to one of our expert watchmakers who undertake a full diagnostic inspection to produce an accurate repair value. This is carried out as some large components aren’t included in the service cost such as bridges, balance wheels, new glass and dial replacements.
3. The watch is broken down and the movement is removed from the case. The bracelet, case, seals and movement are inspected thoroughly to diagnose any issues. We strip the whole movement and the case components.
4. Every part inside the watch is inspected for wear and anything showing the slightest sign of deterioration is removed and replaced with new parts from the manufacturer. Tolerances inside watches are so fine that even the smallest defect can affect performance.
5. Once inspected all parts are then put through our ultrasonic cleaner with specialist fluids, which removed old grease from the parts. After it goes through the cleaning agent and three rinsing agents, it is put through a drying process resulting in a completely clean movement ready for re-assembly and lubricating.
6. We assemble the movement and fit the dials and hands assuring everything are aligned and then time test the watch to assure it is performing accurately.
7. We then move on to the case and bracelet (if the watch has one) which is cleaned and refurbished. We use various polishing, cutting and grinding wheels to remove any small dents, scratches and imperfections where possible, brining the watch as close to new condition as possible.
8. The case if reassembled so it is now a watertight empty case. We then pressure test it to the required bar to ensure there are no leaks.
9. Watch is reassembled and time tested for the second time and placed on test for 2-3 days on our workshop simulator which slowly moves the watch round in different positions. This allows us to monitor the watches performance and see if any further adjustments are required.
10. Once satisfied with the watches performance it is handed in tour admin team who contact you to arrange for delivery or collection of your RADO watch.
Having the battery in your RADO watch replaced is not as simple as flipping it for a new one, there are standards and process that must be met to ensure your watch remains in good working order.
RADO watches have protective gaskets and seals inside the case that are there to protect the movement from dirt and irritants. Over time these protective layers become worn and no longer protect the movement as required. When your RADO watch needs a new battery these seals also need to be replaced to ensure your RADO will continue to work efficiently.
As part of being an accredited RADO repair centre we need to provide your RADO watch with the manufacturers parts and adhere to their processes, which means we replace all gaskets and seals as standard. We use the finest industry batteries and RADO specific gaskets to ensure your watch leaves us in the best possible condition. We even give it a quick steam clean to make sure it looks its best.
Due to the fact we have to order in reseal kits from RADO this can extend the time it takes for us to return your watch so please allow up to 7 working days for us to complete a battery service which takes into account the time it takes for the delivery. Others may do it quicker and cheaper but we do it right.
If your watch has a specific waterproof resistance our state of the art waterproof testers will ensure your watch is certified as watertight, with your RADO returning with a results printout.
To make it as clear and simple as possible our RADO repair price is calculated by our watchmakers’ time plus the cost of any necessary parts. This is so you know exactly what you are paying for. Until we have had a chance to diagnostically inspect your watch in our workshop we will not be able to give an exact repair quotation but the following prices are a good indicator of a from value;
Diagnostic Inspection Charge - £30
Automatic RADO Service - £355
Chronograph RADO Service - £475
Quartz RADO Service - £120
RADO battery, reseal and clean - £90
Is your RADO strap looking a bit tired? Do you fancy a new strap colour or material to revitalise your watch? We have full access to the official range of RADO straps and bracelets so please drop us a line if you would like to be sent a selection of options for your treasured RADO watch. A new strap or Bracelet can make your trusty RADO look factory new.
- OUR CUSTOMERS RATE US -